No positions available at this time.
The positions below periodically become available at Savannah Animal Hospital and Hotel. Please contact us for the current openings.
The purpose of this position is to perform clerical duties related to veterinary care and treatment, closely interact with clients and (small animal) patients, process invoices and payments, handle the cash drawer, and provide miscellaneous support to the veterinarians, veterinary practice manager, head receptionist and other staff members. Operates under the direct supervision of the receptionist team leader and veterinary practice manager.Receptionist position details.
The purpose of the position is to provide the care and the basic needs of animals that are being bathed and/or boarded at the Savannah Animal Hotel. Duties will include:
- To observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and/or discontentment.
- To thoroughly clean and disinfect the Hotel as often as is necessary (i.e. to ensure no cages or kennels are left soiled and odors are not apparent).
- To determine the type and amount of food animals receive.
- To take charge and/or handle animals as required and to restrain hard to control animals.
- To exercise boarded dogs several times a day and to provide time for elimination of bowels and bladder.
- To allow cats time to be out of their cages and to exercise/play.
- To bathe and provide quality care to boarded animals.
A Veterinary Technician Assistant helps the technicians, doctors, and receptionists in all duties of the hospital. The responsibilities vary with current needs of the hospital staff and the individual abilities demonstrated by the employee.
The Veterinary Technician Assistant is responsible for helping with the procedures for examination. The assistant takes the animal back to the treatment area where the animal is weighed and the weight recorded on the client check-in sheet and in the computer. The temperature is also taken and recorded along with any other procedures requested by the technician and/or doctor. It may be necessary to help restrain the pet during the examination and treatment. If injections are needed, the Veterinary Technician will prepare those.Veterinary technician position details.